YTT Component A
Our training is both compassionate and rigorous, based in your ever-expanding inner experience. You learn to teach people with different types of bodies, customizing the poses for their needs while you lead them through a body-changing, life-changing process. Click here for our YTT brochure.
Our Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) offers more hours, more depth and more support than any other, taking you far beyond what you think is possible. We delight in your success.
Component A includes:
- 2 levels of immersion trainings:
- Level 1 - a 5 ½ day immersion training
- Level 2 - a 5 ½ day immersion training
- Housing & Meals
- Enjoy superb training, housed at Downingtown Yoga & Meditation Center. This is the Lokananda campus of Svaroopa® Vidya Ashram. Your accommodations are in a shared room with another yogi, and include 3 special yogi-meals daily plus an afternoon snack.
- 2 at-home mentoring programs
- Unique to Svaroopa® yoga, we support you after you go home with our mentoring program: Develop Your Teaching Skills (DTS). Your calls with your mentor and a partner-mentee help you apply everything you learned for your students' benefit.
DTS 1 (after Level 1) Includes the Teaching Themes: Daily Practice, Core Opening.
DTS2 (after Level 2) includes: Abdominals, Backbends, Standing Poses.
- Over 400 pages of written materials.
- Detailed pose information as well as lists of sutras and teaching methodology gives you the most complete teaching manual available anywhere.
Successful completion of Component A makes you eligible to become a Certified Svaroopa® Yoga Basics Teacher (CBT) as well as to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT 200.
Each level includes multiple teaching Themes in your 5 ½ day immersion. This is the most powerful way to get the yogic changes you are looking for. Fully integrated and perfectly balanced, you dive deeply into poses, breathing, anatomy, sutras, chanting, meditation and long guided relaxations (Yoga Nidra). You're not working hard - you're working deeply in yourself.
- YTT Level 1 - Your 5 ½ day immersion training is followed by 3 months of your at-home mentoring program, DTS 1.
- YTT Level 2 - 5 ½ day immersion training is followed by 4 months of your at-home mentoring program, DTS 2. You complete a Teaching Review, by video, to qualify as a Certified Svaroopa® Yoga Basics Teacher.
Successful completion of any Level, along with its related DTS, maintains your Current Standing status for Continuing Education. SATYA members are eligible for a 40% discount when retaking a program.
Prerequisites: successful completion of Foundations or Foundations Review within 6 months of beginning Component A.
If you package Foundations Review with Component A, you get a discounted tuition of $450.60 (40% discount off Standard Tuition).
Enrollment Fees: Component A includes course tuition, DTS (mentoring program), materials fees and your housing and meals, Refer to specific course dates for details.
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) are available for these training programs.
Component A Tuition
Early Tuition - fully paid 30 days prior:
Member: $2,141.00; Non-Member: $2,361.00
Standard Tuition: $2,601.00
DTS (5 themes): $625.00
Teaching Review: $261.00
Housing and Meals: $1,452.00 (12 nights)
Scholarships & Payment Plans Available
Certified Basics Teacher
For guidance on your official 200-hour level certification after completing your Teaching Review, click here.