Safety is our primary concern. While we’re delighted to serve you online, we know we can do so much more for you in-person. And we miss you!
We are following all the legal requirements and recommendations. The most recent update by USA Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends:
Wear a mask, stay at least 6 feet from others, wash your hands, avoid crowds, and take other steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. - cdc.gov
Pennsylvania guidelines have changed recently, using COVID testing to make it easier for you to come for an immersion. You must get tested within 3 days prior to your arrival and send us proof of your negative results. For a program lasting longer than 10 days, you get tested again on day 5; negative results mean you may unmask!
Here’s what we’re doing to make your in-person yoga experience safe. For Travel Precautions, click here.
We have partnered with Urgent Care for COVID-19 Testing and Antibody Testing. This medical clinic is across the street from Downingtown Yoga, next to Kimberton Whole Foods. They accept most insurance and offer a discounted self-pay option for those with no insurance. They offer walk-in care 7 days a week. Their physicians bring their emergency room experience, as well as professionalism, compassion, and integrity. We are delighted to have Urgent Care Downingtowna available to bring you the best medical care possible.
In addition, we have partnered with The Maids in Downingtown PA, who have been handling our regular cleaning for several years. All of The Maids cleaners are professionally trained to give you added peace of mind. Owner Joe Lagore shares, “We use a disinfectant that is effective against the Coronavirus and Influenza viruses and is approved under the EPA’s Emerging Viral Pathogen Guidance. The disinfectant is also listed by The Center for Biocide Chemistries as appropriate to use against COVID-19. Our teams sanitize and disinfect “high-touch” surfaces and areas throughout during all cleans.” Downingtown Yoga is delighted to rely on The Maids’ professional service to protect its students and staff. The Maids in Downingtown, 837 W Lancaster Ave. in Downingtown PA, can be reached at 610-269-6400 or by visiting www.maids.com.
ONSITE COVID PROTOCOLS
Following CDC protocols, we are actively implementing the use of masks as well as social distancing, along with pre-sceening and sanitizing. We have safely and successfully hosted yoga immersion participants onsite since July with no reports of COVID infection.
We need your active participation to make this work. Any guest or student who does not follow these protocols must leave.
- Masks are Required: If you don’t bring one, we provide you with a mask. For yogis on retreat, mask-free breaks are provided, where you can maintain your social distancing or enjoy our outdoor patio or a short walk to the river or park.
- Social Distancing: We have removed tables from our dining hall to spread out the yogis on retreat during their meals and recesses.
- Small Groups: We have carefully measured our rooms and marked out “yoga stations,” providing social distancing for your practices.
- Sterilizing Stations: Use our sanitizing stations often! Each entry door has hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes and disposable masks for your feet. Each yoga room has hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes for your convenience.
- Air Sanitizing: Our classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art circulation systems which use a high-efficiency filter to circulate the air and remove 76% of airborne particles. During classes, our air filtration system remains on, which may make the room feel a little cooler than usual. You may need a light sweater or shawl for comfort.
- If You Have Symptoms: Please do not expose us to any possible contagion. If you have flu-like symptoms or have noticed a loss of your ability to smell or taste, don't come. Cancel your class or program and tell us why. You will not be charged any fees.
- Pre-Entry Screening: We meet you at the door with hand sanitizer. You must be masked or we give you a disposable mask. Before entry, we take your temperature with a touchless forehead scanner. We ask you several health screening questions; your temperature and answers are recorded on our questionnaire and you sign it. Your shoes and personal possessions go in plastic bags (which we provide), which you keep with you in the classrom.
- Yoga Props:
- Bring a hand towel to put under your head or face when lying on the floor. If you forget, we provide this for you.
- To minimize the use of props, you’ll be doing Shavasana with your legs on a folding chair.
- After class, you will use sanitizing wipes to clean off the props you’ve used, “paying it forward” for the next student. Your teacher will assist you if needed. Yoga blankets that were used are stored in a different room for 3 days to insure safety.
- Pose Adjustments & Personal Assistance: Your teacher may help you realign your props or pose angles, and she may give you an adjustment to maximize the effects of your practice. She will be masked and will sanitize her hands before touching you. If you prefer that you not be touched, you will be better served in our online classes.
- Bathroom Cleaning: We disinfect the bathroom fixtures, door handles and light switches before every class. Every bathroom has soap as well as disinfectant wipes for your convenience. We continue to use disposable towels.
- COVID Testing: Pennsylvania requires that you get tested within 3 days prior to your arrival and send us proof of your negative results. For a program lasting longer than 10 days, you get tested again on day 5; negative results mean you may unmask! Anyone with a positive test will be retested immediately, due to the problem with false-positives. Anyone with an active case of COVID must leave.
- Private Bedrooms for immersion participants: You will have your yogi-bedroom to yourself during the pandemic. While you lose the familial feeling that roommates can provide, your safety is our priority. If you would prefer to share your bedroom with someone, we can easily arrange that for you. Bathrooms are still shared, but you can easily wipe down fixtures and knobs with the provided sanitizing wipes before and after use.
- Meal Service (for immersion participants): Meals are served in personal containers, which are disposable and recyclable (if you rinse them out). Plastic gloves are provided for your use in food service and cleanup. The dining hall is set up for social distancing, with the additional option of eating outside (weather permitting). The CDC recommends that you do not share your food.
- Overall Cleaning: Every door handle and light switch is disinfected before every class. Immersion participants will assist with this as part of their house seva, using disposable gloves and eye protection during the cleaning with our provided cleaning supplies. Wash your hands afterwards! Every room has hand sanitizer as well as disinfectant wipes for your convenience.
We've researched recommendations for safe travel. Click here for a summary of information from a number of important websites: www.cdc.gov, www.wsj.com, www.Today.com; www.CedarSinai.org and www.mayoclinic.org.