Join our Admin Team
Put your professional skills to work in the yoga world. Join us in Downingtown PA, along with our vibrant faculty and staff members as well as over 90 dedicated volunteers. We offer yoga and meditation classes, plus we train teachers to share the teachings of the ancient sages with our modern world. Help us serve people interested in health, well-being, peace, joy and spiritual development. Your interest in these lifestyle choices is a plus in our selection process.
Working for an ashram is a unique opportunity. Click here What is an Ashram? You also receive these unique benefits:
- Weekly yoga classes.
- Monthly in-services with the Spiritual head of our organization.
- Organically surrounded by the ancient yogic teachings.
- Work with like minded people.
- Work for an organization focused on uplifting humanity.
- Monthly vegetarian staff lunches provided.
- 33% discounts on our retreats and trainings.
- Free 5-day yoga training after 6 months of employment.
The Admin Coordinator is a full-time permanent position. Onboarding and training will be in-person. Upon completion, work from home is a possibility with a minimum of 2 days in the office per week. Responsibilities include:
- Manage operations alongside the business manager.
- Makes improvements to increase efficiency and save money.
- Working closely with the business manager to lead staff.
- Organize documents, data and reports
- Performing general office clerk duties and errands as needed.
- Coordinating events as necessary.
- Well organized, methodical and detail-oriented.
- Clear communication of concise, accurate deadline-driven information.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities.
- Minimum 1 year of managing staff.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, familiarity with online calendars, cloud systems, databases and the ability to become familiar with new programs.
- Enjoy and excel at working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Own car & good driving record.
- Reside within 20 miles of our location.
Associate Graphics Designer
This is a full-time position in Downingtown PA. Onboarding and training will be in-person. Upon completion, work from home is a possibility with a minimum of 2 days in the office per week. Responsibilities include:
- Update content on website, post pre-approved blogs & social media content
- Create emails in Constant Contact by utilizing templates.
- Data input and reports, maintain spreadsheets for tracking purposes, train and support staff & volunteers doing input.
- Maintain communications timetables, delivery of mail lists and marketing materials.
- Assist with special projects.
- Previous experience as an Associate Graphics Designer or Administrative Assistant is an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, online calendars, cloud systems, databases and the ability to become familiar with new programs.
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal & written form
- Enjoy and excel at working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Reside within 20 miles of our location.
Kitchen Helper / Cook Apprentice
No evenings. Regular part-time hours. Quiet orderly kitchen with lots of space and friendly staff.
This is a new part-time position in Downingtown PA. We are seeking to prepare vegetarian meals for our residents and students attending programs at our retreat center. Additionally, we will provide training to become a cook. The schedule will be Wednesday to Sunday every week.
- Help prepare vegetarian meals for residents and students based on provided recipes.
- Serve meals when you are on-site; leave directions for heating and serving when the meal will be served later.
- Work with other kitchen staff and volunteers (when appropriate)
- Group sizes vary from 8-24
- Clean and sanitize kitchen after use, with the help of kitchen staff/volunteers
- Other tasks as assigned
- Experience in a professional or personal kitchen is an asset.
- Must be able to stand for 6 hours.
- Lift and transport 25 lbs.
- Use hands to grasp, move and control tools.
Seva (Volunteer Opportunities)
We always love to welcome volunteers (sevites) who are interested in supporting the Ashram's work.
Click here for info about our Seva Program.