Join our Admin Team
Put your professional skills to work in the yoga world. We are based in Downingtown PA with 11 faculty members, 12 administrative staff members and 100 volunteers. We train yoga and meditation teachers to carry the teachings of the ancient sages of India into our modern world, serving people in their interest in health, well-being, peace, joy and spiritual development.
This is a full-time position in Downingtown PA that is part of our Communications team.
Onboarding and training will be in-person. Upon completion, work from home is a possibility with a minimum of 1-2 days in the office per week. Responsibilities include:
- Data input, run reports, maintain spreadsheets for tracking purposes, train and support staff & volunteers doing input.
- Proofread emails, websites, flyers and other communication elements.
- Update website content.
- Coordinate with local print vendors.
- Assist with special projects.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, familiarity with online calendars, cloud systems, databases and the ability to become familiar with new programs.
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal & written form.
- Enjoy and excel at working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Own car & good driving record.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Prepare vegetarian meals for Ashram residents, students in immersions, snacks for admin staff and food for special events. Group sizes vary from 8-30. Assisted by other kitchen staff and volunteers (when appropriate).
Cooking is mainly during the day (no nights) with occasional weekends. Minimum 3 days per week, up to 6 days per week, average 5 hours per day.
Grocery shopping, prepare meals, serve them when you are on-site and leave directions for heating and serving when the meal will be served later.
Clean and sanitize kitchen after use, with the help of other kitchen staff/volunteers.
Manage food costs and report to supervisor.
At least two years' professional cooking experience, management experience a plus.
Knowledge of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diets. Ayurvedic knowledge a plus. No raw food menus are used.
Chester County Food Handlers License.
Assisting our professional chef for meals and periodic events, cleaning and light maintenance, gardening, pet care and running errands. This is an on-site parttime position for 10-20 hours per week.
Successful candidate will be flexible, discreet, self-motivated and have a general helpful, can-do attitude and is able to work in fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
Must have own vehicle with valid license, clean driving record, and current insurances as well as live within 20 minutes of Downingtown.
Seva (Volunteer Opportunities)
We always love to welcome volunteers (sevites) who are interested in supporting the Ashram's work.
Click here for info about our Seva Program.