Join our Admin Team
Put your professional skills to work in the yoga world. We are based in two Chester County locations with 9 faculty members, 12 administrative staff members and over 50 volunteers. We train yoga and meditation teachers to carry the teachings of the ancient sages of India into our modern world, serving people in their interest in health, well-being, peace, joy and spiritual development. Our fast-paced environment is supported by weekly staff yoga classes, providing a foundation for the experience of peace in the midst of productive activity.
We are seeking a host coordinator to organize our Yoga Mandali programs. We send our faculty to national and international locations to offer free and paid yoga and meditation programs. In 2020, we are expanding Swami Nirmalananda's travel schedule. This position will coordinate the logistics of our existing travel teaching programs and implement our plan to expand programs in 2020.
This is a full-time permanent position which can be done onsite at our Downingtown location or remotely. The responsibilities include:
- Coordinate travel programs including confirming plans, arranging travel and supporting hosts with logistics.
- Build relationships with prior and potential program hosts.
- Find national/international venues for Swami Nirmalananda to teach in 2020, like yoga conference keynotes, corporate events (who want to learn meditation), and places to offer weekend meditation events.
To plan our events, it is important for the coordinator to experience and understand what we offer. This position requires the following training once hired:
- Within first week attend a class, get two private sessions and attend a free meditation program onsite in Downingtown.
- Within the first few months attend two immersions programs:
- Foundations: a 5-day immersion teacher training
- Shaktipat Retreat: an initiation weekend meditation retreat
- 2-3 years’ experience as a tour/event coordinator
- Good organization skills and timeline management
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal & written form
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Enjoy and excel at working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Available to travel for training and event coordination
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Seva (Volunteer Opportunities)
We always love to welcome volunteers (sevites) who are interested in supporting the Ashram's work.
Click here for info about our Seva Program.